I received the Liebster Award from Pink Graffiti…thank you so much! I appreciate you.
Following are the rules, my responses to the ten questions, ten random facts about me and my nominees for this award. As well, I have posted my own ten questions for the nominees. Responding to this award has been interesting, insightful and fun!
Here are the rules for the nominees:
Liebster Award Rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 10 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 blogs with under 200 follwers.
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated them.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
My answers to the ten questions from Pink Graffiti…
- What inspired you to blog? I have always loved writing and it started with my passion for reading. I wanted to encourage and inspire others. When I was younger, it was difficult for me to express my feelings and I found that writing them out helped me understand myself better as well as others. If I could see myself in these thought processes, I could see others.. Ultimately, my blog was to inspire and encourage others with the Word of God.
- What is your niche? Well, I believe my niche is encouragement. I have this innate desire to make others feel better about themselves and their situations, to get through. I have found that I have a knack for giving understanding to others and that is basically the niche for my blog.
- How do you feel thus far in your blogging journey? When I first started my blog, I didn’t pursue it hardly at all. I would post literally once in a blue moon. I did journal regularly though. I let life get in the way of my creative expression. With the renewed commitment to my writing and other creative endeavors this year, I feel great. I believe I am now doing what I am supposed to be doing. I feel that I have come alive and that this is only the beginning.
- What is your favorite post? Not sure about this question. Should it be one that I have posted or one from another blogger? So, my own favorite post was done on January 16th of this year, Intimacy with God. I guess my ultimate personal goal is this, to become more intimate with God on a daily basis. Sometimes I am thoroughly challenged here.
- Who is your favorite female blogger? One of my favorite female blogger right now is Laura from The View from My Window. Love the title of this blog and when I read her posts, I always get inspired. The view from her window is interesting and challenges you to think about your perspective on things.
- Who is your favorite male blogger? I say this with purpose, of course. One of my favorite male bloggers is Chris Martin. He writes well and draws you into the story. He also writes non-fiction about this Christian journey. His writings are thought provoking and enlightening. He gives you a call to action. Since I have participated in the Blogging U community, I have found several bloggers who have also become part of my favorite list.
- What have been some of your favorite blogging challenges? Finding the time to read other blogs, coming up with what I want to post when I have a number of ideas going around in my head, and managing my time to get it all done with a night job have been my favorite challenges. Also, adding features and participating in others because of the time constraints. But, I’m working it out. It’s the daily process.
- What are some of your hobbies? My hobbies include reading, of course, as well as photography, crocheting, writing poetry, designing (calendars, greeting cards, postcards, etc.) and cooking.
- What motivates or inspires you? First and foremost, the Word of God inspires and motivates me to be the best person I can be. I, personally, don’t believe we can do this without God because you have to know where you come from to know where you’re going. Good books and great photography inspires me. People who overcome great obstacles and challenges inspire and motivate me. And recently, many of the blogging community have inspired and motivated me.
- Where do you see your blog a year from now? I see the blog becoming more defined. I will be adding short stories and more photography as well as getting my own domain name. I plan to stay with WordPress, love it here. It is a great forum and resource so I can stay focused on my writing. I took graphic design and thought I wanted to design websites. However, I am more passionate about my writing and therefore, the focus is on the blog. I plan to focus my design on calendars, greeting cards, newsletters, etc.
Ten random facts about myself…
- I don’t look my age (thank God!).
- I have four children (boy, girl, boy, girl). Go figure. They were all born in the most expensive hospitals (three in California and one in Georgia).
- I have lived in six states and drove across country from the east coast (York, SC) to the west coast (Las Vegas, NV). New posts and short stories about the journey coming.
- My youngest brother died from bone cancer and my brother directly under me died from the random act of violence due to society’s cancer of crack addiction.
- I love TV cop dramas because they deal not only with crime but how the crime affects those delegated to serve and protect. No need for debate because there are good cops out there.
- I would love to get dressed to the nines and go to a jazz supper club for dinner with a live band on a cruise ship, seafood buffet and all. Not sure who I would go with yet. Maybe the kids, maybe not…
- I love Bible study, with the body of Christ and by myself.
- I used to read the dictionary, find words that were interesting and make sentences out of them. I challenged my siblings to do the same. We learned a lot.
- I became a traveler without really planning on it or having the luxury of being wealthy. Go figure that one.
- All my children flew in an airplane before they were three and three before they were 6 months old.
I nominate the following blogs…
- Musings and My Two Cents
My ten questions for the nominate bloggers are…
- Is your writing a hobby or a passion?
- Are you an activist in any area?
- What are your hobbies?
- Who is one of your favorite bloggers and why?
- What type of books do you like?
- Describe your perfect vacation.
- Describe your perfect dinner and with whom?.
- Would you rather be rich, wealthy or comfortable?
- If you had a visit from Jesus, what would your conversation be like?
- Where do you find your blog going from here?
Hope you enjoy this experience and look forward to seeing your posts!
7 thoughts on “Liebster Award Post”
I’ve been seeing these awards on blogs lately! Too cool! Also, getting dressed up for dinner and listening to music is so fun! That’s mine and my husband’s favorite thing to do. 🙂
Thanks for the nomination too! 🙂
Congratulations on your nomination!
Thank you much!
Thank you so much. I truly enjoy reading your blog. Your random facts were very interesting. I’m jealous of your children flying at such a young age. My first experience of flying was last year, and I LOVED it. Hope to be traveling to Boston in April and will be flying again. I’m very sorry about your brothers. If there was only a cure for both of these…
Thanks again for always supporting me and my blog. I look forward a long relationship as we share our passions. 🙂
Great post!! Thank you so much for participating! I couldn’t have chosen a better nominee.